Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

That’s the Breaks

Note to readers. I just wanted to share my posting schedule for the season. Look for my posts twice a day. I will usually post at around 4:40 PM EST and then shortly after the game is over. So check Lonestar Met right before you leave work and again when the Mets game is over.

Pedro looked in control save for one inning. Too bad to waste a pretty good outing without a W.

I am not going to go on about Heilman in the 9th. Errors happen, its just bad luck when it happens in a key situation.

Cerrone has Willie's post game comments on SNY regarding tonights loss. Not much that was shocking. One point I found interesting regarding Wagner vs. Heilman in the 9th:

“No. Aaron is just as effective against left-handers, and I don’t usually like to bring my closer in during tie games on the road, unless I have to.”…

I actually agree with Willie Randolph. There was no reason to bring your closer in to a tie game on the road.

Great game in what really felt like a playoff atmosphere. This is going to be an exciting year win or lose.

The gripe I have is with Randolph’s static lineup. I won’t go into what proposed lineups as I have time and time again. I really think that a few lineup shakeups would jumpstart this offense al a Bobby V. We should really club more teams to death with explosive hitters like Reyes, Wright, Beltran, Delgado, Floyd, Nady, and even LoDuca. Just a thought.

Finally, I love to see guys get fired up and tossed. Not really a great strategy for late inning pitcher-hitter matchups but I love the passion. I’d love to see at least one brawl.

Maybe I’ve been watching too much of my 86 highlight tapes.

Anyway, tough loss in a great game. That’s the breaks.

And remember check Cerrone, Greg, Mike, Metstradamus, Metropolitans, Dave, Joe, and all the Mets guys and don't forget to bookmark your pal Dan in Texas.
To all the new readers from outside the U.S. shoot me an email and let me know what you think of my site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!