Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Friday, March 10, 2006

Boycott USA Today Sports Weakly


What does NASCAR have to do with baseball and are there any NASCAR/Baseball/Football fans? I don’t doubt that there are some who have a passing interest in all 3. Maybe I’ve reached my twilight years at 28 but didn’t USA Today Sports Weekly used to be USA Today Baseball Weekly cover just baseball at one time? Sorry North Carolina but NASCAR sucks and I resent decrease baseball coverage to cover your sport. I mean shoddy baseball coverage: The same story about Kirby Puckett every one else wrote, a list of Clemens most infamous knockdowns. Some poorly written feature about how Padilla got a scholarship in 1994 Mets News: Martinez still bothered by bum big toe. Wagner withdraws, Boone retires, and the Wright contract thing. Fascinating. I want my $1.75 back. What a poor excuse for a magazine. I call all Lonestar Met readers to boycott this anal leakage.


I, like the rest of the Mets faithful became eager to go out a purchase my copy of ESPN news for the month of March.
I don't often read the publication but when I heard the news that our own David Wright was on the cover I kept stopping at the stores to see if the new issue came out. When it did I found it to have some Mariner on the cover and not Wright. (I know should have gone to the trouble of finding out his name but the overwhelming rush of apathy and resentment temporarily sapped my ability to care.) I live in Texas. Al West ties maybe?I scanned the magazine and found a one page story on Wright. That sucks.

And, yeah I ended my last paragraph with sucks. If USA Today Sports Weekly is a respected national magazine what bar should I have to clear?

There is so much Mets news this week. None of it’s interesting. Even Cerrone has slowed down to 10 posts a day. At least its Friday. I hope this isn’t a forcast of what this season will bring with injuries. What a weird spring training. Maybe it’s the season hype overshadowing spring.

I’m expecting an advance comp. copy of The Last Nine Innings by Charles Euchner from my good friends at Sourcebooks Inc. I will give it a read and let you know but it seems interesting. Last time I did a book report was over Judy Bloom. I miss college.

Boy, does this WBC have any legs or will we make it to the end of the tournament? It is about as exciting as the VH1 fashion awards, with slightly more hype. 17-0 over South Africa, wow. Real baseball powerhouse there. I can’t wait to see if the Harlem Globe trotters will beat the Generals...

Sorry this came late but since no one reads this anyway no harm no foul right?

Have a good weekend.

1 Comments:

  • If there were AL West ties to the article you found, I would be interested in finding it so that I may read about something outside of the Rangers idiotic attempts to wooo Clements! - T

    P.S. Yankees suck

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!