Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Mets 13 Phils 4 Thoughts on the game

Great game tonight, Happy 280 Tommy!

Wright’s grab off the bag should make a highlight reel or two.

Glad to see Heath Bell get some work in, although Id hoped it would have gone better. At least Julio didn’t fair much better. I hope he gets more than a cup of coffee.

As a former catcher I winced when LoDuca took a foul off his inner thigh. He should be ok, just sore tomorrow.

Way to go Woody shows what can happen if you actually get an at bat every month or so.

As a side note did anyone catch a glimpse of the guy in the circa 1992 road jersey? Ugly jersey but props to whomever you are. It takes a lot of therapy to be able to unblock those awful memories of those awful, awful years.

Great, stress free game tonight!

Nancy the Mets fan dog blogger says

I agree Nancy, Lets go for the series win; Trax is up tomorrow. Just win 2 of 3 on the road. Repeat

Sorry for the short post. See you tomorrow around 4. This is a fun season.

And J. Mark, I would have loved to been in Philly

3 Comments:

  • Nancy rocks! We can't have enough Nancy.

    By Blogger Mets Guy in Michigan, at 11:11 AM  

  • Thanks Dave, she is a good Mets fan (Named after Nancy Seaver of course). Since I mentioned the circa 92-93 jersey, I though I would add that Nancy’s Mets hat is an authentic 1985 Model; a piece of memorabilia from a much happier time.

    By Blogger Talking Head, at 12:14 PM  

  • Not only am I afraid to say that I have a 1992 road jersey, I confess that it even has "Bonilla" on the back. I bought it on clearance at the Manny's Baseballland warehouse in Florida.

    And worse, I have two home jerseys from that era (with and without the tail under the Mets) both with MURRAY on the back with Eddie Murray's 33 on it. I had to take advantage of a player with my last name!

    By Blogger Mets Guy in Michigan, at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!