Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Stadium Talk

****************ADDED NOTE**************
I'm not sure what the new stadium is going to be called. According to the Readership here at Lonestar Met, 38% of the readers think the Mets new stadium should be called "Derek Jeter Sucks Stadium." I can't say I Disagree with that sentiment but the second most popular "Gil Hodges Stadium" came in with 17% and (I assume) that would placate the Dodger fans while not angering me by naming it after someone who never worked or played for the Mets.

********************************************

Before you start composing your hate Email let me issue a Disclaimer:

I am well aware that the Mets wear Giant orange and Dodger blue for the respective teams.

I am well aware that the Dodgers and Giants once played in New York

I have been to Shea stadium, I am from New Jersey

I have read all the books and I know how the team was formed.
Its Ridiculous, kay? Stop saying that I don't know Mets History Don’t email with those topics. This is not aimed at people of any certain age.

End of disclaimer


There is alot of talk around about the new staduim and I just wanted to weigh in one more time.

Why? I don't know I like hate email I guess


Wait dont hit the compose button yet!

READ VERY CAREFULLY

I am not saying, nor have I ever said, nor will I ever say that the Mets shouldn't build a new stadium. Not against a new park. I also never said now or previously a replica should be built of Shea Stadium.

I'll wait while you read that again......

Moving on.

From the Daily News:
According to a plan submitted to the Empire State Development Corp., the exterior will be reddish-brown brick and limestone, with concrete arches and exposed steel included to resemble bridges. The stadium would open to provide a view of the northern end of Willets Point.
A restaurant in left field, enclosed with glass, will be available for season-ticket holders, while a second restaurant will be located in the upper level behind home plate. Plans also call for the three-deck stadium to include suites behind home plate, below the main concourse.
Among the other features touted by the Mets:

Wider seats angled toward the infield, and more leg room.

A main concourse that encircles the stadium.

A rotunda at the entrance reminiscent of Ebbets Field, the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers.

All sounds great. except one thing.

A rotunda at the entrance reminiscent of Ebbets Field, the home of the Brooklyn Dodgers.

I am a young piss head and have posted my objections regarding an "Ode to the Dodgers" I have received hate email from your old farts griping that I should respect NY baseball.

We already pay tribute to the Dodgers and Giants. Wearing orange and Blue is tribute enough.

There is great history at Shea and I can’t figure out why you old fogies are not proud of it. I too saw my first game at Shea and think it a tragedy if we have nothing to remind us of it.

Yay new park.

Just thought an oversized apple might be nice. Maybe something to do with oh I don't know... the team that plays 81 games a season there. Maybe something to do with 86 and 69.

I hate the Dodgers.

There I said it.

Hate 'em good. Hate 'em Long. Hate 'em Hard.

Any of you senile old bastards remember 1988? Still hurts a little dosen't it?

Anybody else take a while to not hate Bulldog in 1999? Let go of the Brooklyn Dodgers- they live in LA now; they left, they are not coming back and they don't love you anymore.

and do you know what else?

We play them 7 times this season.

Should we lose all 7 games to acknowledge history?

Maybe the Dodgers will build a ballpark to remind us of Shea.

I look forward to reading your emails.

By the way, I am in Gotham for the Braves in April. See ya there!

2 Comments:

  • Dan, I'm 47 and I hate the Dodgers too. Even though I agree with you on that, I still think you're a young piss head...

    By Blogger Mike, at 11:17 PM  

  • Scroll down this page:

    http://www.gothambaseball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2595&page=2

    For a blown up version of the sketch of the ballpark. Out in CF, below the scoreboard, I think the apple and hat live.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!