Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Jive Talkin

I am proud to say that I used a vacation day to watch opening day at the big Shea. Not much firepower for what everyone expected. It’s only one game but Delgado and Beltran 0-fer? Not the way to start the season off with a bang.

I figure everybody and their dog will be reviewing the game so I will bring to you, fair reader, some random thoughts:

How the Hell did Lo Duca’s glove come off on that stolen base?

Looks like Soriano didn’t have much trouble at Shea.

Ahearn seems undisciplined at the plate but solid at second.

Is Tommy G going to be our big hit guy this season?

Put the load on Wright’s back- he can handle it.

Who else is tired of Clemens and his big bag? Sign or retire- get on with it man.

Who else feels better with Wagner on the mound in the 9th? Not like Pittsburg last year. ( I would post a link but honestly- it’s still to painful)

And finally, I had to watch the game with no sound as Bobby V’s put the sound on the Rangers broadcast. Although I had no call of the action, during the play from Floyd to Reyes to Lo Duca, did any one else think:

"Now their gonna wave Rice in, Mookies got a chance to get him, to Carter, he is…out at the plate." - Vin Scully

2 Comments:

  • Dan, good analogy for the Lo Duca play. I thought more of the Ordonez from his knees play in 1997 myself, since both plays involved relay men.

    Glad to hear you took the day off!

    By Blogger Metstradamus, at 7:26 PM  

  • Good point and you are probably right but you will have to excuse me as I had just returned from time travel to 1986 via the mircle of DVD to prepare for the opener.

    By Blogger Talking Head, at 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!