Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Be Bold, Be Bland

As I and others have speculated, Aaron Hielman has been moved back to the pen. He was quoted as saying:

Said Heilman: "I don't think there's anything more really I can do to plead my case. I would certainly be disappointed. I feel like I've done everything I can do."
Heilman pledged not to be disruptive if he pitches in relief. "I feel more comfortable when I'm in a routine and I have a schedule," Heilman said. "Is it to say that I'm not going to be a reliever at some point in my career? No. But I'd like to give starting a wholehearted try before I'm in the bullpen. I went to the bullpen last year not because I pitched badly. It was because they needed me there. Was I happy about it? No. Am I going to go down there and do my job? Yeah. It doesn't behoove anybody to go down there and pitch poorly."

Anyone else find this a bit disconcerting? That’s not the quote I want to hear out of Heilman. Don’t misunderstand me; I know the man is disappointed after putting on a great performance this spring. But, this whole "I want to be a starter" routine to the media has always sat funny with me. I originally thought this was cooked up by his agent. Aparently not.

Readers of this blog know that I am no fan of Willie Randolph but should that where Heilman should address his thoughts. Adam Rubin, Marty Noble and Bob Klapisch don’t make the decisions on the Mets. Some say they do but ultimately the 3 last names that call the shots are Randolph, Minaya, and Wilpon. Aaron your welcome to call me and complain but it won’t change a thing and you won’t find a sympathetic ear.

Again don’t understand me; Heilman has done an excellent job and probably deserves a shot but if he is sulking around the clubhouse it could cause feelings of content around the team. I mean we traded Benson to get rid of such dangers. We need Hielman in the pen. He should recognize his absence in tight situations when the change is most effective is key to a successful season. Would you rather be a reliever in New York or a starter in Kansas City. I just hope I'm knitpicking and that he feels bad today and better tomorrow.

According to my friend at Mets Planet Royce Ring has been sent to AAA. It’s still a cool name to say.

Trachsel is boring, maybe he wouldn’t mind changing his name to Royce Ring.


Then there is this from Sports blog from John Rocker:

You’re old teammate Tom Glavine is a Met. Doesn’t that make you root for them on the days he pitches?
That’s a reason I wouldn’t want to play for the Mets. Tom’s a jackass. You can quote me on that.
What’s that all about?
With the Braves, Tom always had a chip on his shoulder. He acted like he was better than everyone else. He wasn’t passionate about anything — just a very vanilla personality.


I’m not shocked at what Rocker said. Nothing that guy says could surprise me. But why he is still being interviewed is a mystery to me. The guy hasn’t been relevant since 2000. I heard he was on some reality show which also comes as no surprise. This guy is the Tonya Harding of Baseball. Maybe celebrity boxing is next.


I was asked recently who I disliked on the team and for the first time in a long while I couldn’t think of anyone on this roster I don’t care for. No Williams, no Offerman, no Cairo or Stanton. Thank you Omar If anyone does have a current Met please post a comment just to satisfy my curiosity. I would like to exclude Randolph as I think that by being Mets fans that goes without saying.

Opening Day is less than a week away.

LETS GO METS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!