Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Omar, You Magnificent Bastard- I Read Your Book

Well the news today eased my worries over The 2006 Mets.

I dont have the time to post links today. Look them up yourself. Its the usual New York Papers.

If most reports are accurate the rotation will be:
Petey
Galvine
Trachsel
Zambrano
Bannister
Heilman may have made a successful starter but it really isn’t whats best for the team. If Glavine hangs em up after this season maybe Aaron can try again. Hielman will most likey be dealt in trade for someone, Zito maybe, at the deadline unless the starters stay healthy. If Zito can be acquired for a draft pick in late November I can wait if it means hanging on to Hielman. The one draw back I see here is Heath Bell will most likely be demoted. I like Bell and would like to see him have a fair shot. I hope Royce Ring makes it out of camp with the team.

I have been waiting to see the guy in the pen for a few years now. Plus Royce Ring is fun to say. Try it.

Ahearn looks to be the starting second baseman. Good for Ahearn, but I really would have like to see Jeff Keppinger get a fair shake at second.

Sorry Jeff, we don’t mind signing a 47 year old to a two year deal, but we wont take a shot at a young guy in a position we were weak at to begin with because, well that would just make too much sense and Willie ball by definition doesn’t make sense. Now shave those sideburns.

Pedro reportedly looked good during a 35 pitch appearance allowing no runs, allowing one hit, striking out two and walking one. The appearance makes me think that Pedro will be Pedro and find a way to get it done. If a health Pedro is ready on Saturday April 8th (Gary Carter’s Birthday) the Mets will find themselves in good position to dethrone the hated Braves.

Dave in Michigan has an amusing analogy regarding varmints and the Braves. Very funny.

Also this is a good site that is getting started and honestly needs the hits- Tell your friends.

Oh, and Joe is back. Joe doesn’t really care about baseball but since no body cares about Joe I guess that’s fair. Go read his site. If you have a warped sense of humor like mine it will make you laugh out loud. I don’t know Joe since there is no way to contact him. Joe if you stop by buddy, shoot me an email.

4 Comments:

  • Thank you for the kind words! And I am solidly behind naming the new stadium "Derek Jeter Sucks." Wonder how much it will cost us to buy those naming rights?

    Keep up the great work!

    By Blogger Mets Guy in Michigan, at 12:28 PM  

  • I just thought i would let you know that royce ring has been demoted to AAA.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

  • Thanks for the shout out - unfortunatly the one thing i do care about, in fact obsess about the week before opening day, is the Mets and my fantasy team. It really hits my productive output. I should be slightly better by next week.

    By Blogger something, at 8:19 AM  

  • Love the Patton reference... great site. I'm a Mets fan stuck in Austin (although not for nearly as long as you've been in TX). All I can say is thank God for MLB Extra Innings.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!