Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mets-Light, Slow Mets News Thursday, Post (sorry)

Joe at Yes Joe Its Toasted had the genius idea to use Glavine off the bench to be a lefty bat. I’m sold. Joe writes:

My idea of Glavine as a lefty bat off the bench instead of Jose Valentin is becoming less and less crazy by the day. He's hitting .500 people. .500!

If you haven't visited Joe's site yet, be sure to make it a daily read. Very funny site.

In a house keeping note, the Worst Fan Poll to your rights final selection is Whoever is Winning Fans. To clarify, that means the guys who are always riping you for being a good fan during the bad times while always seeming to root for that years team. They are last years White Sox fans who you could swear a year before were self proclaimed “die hard” Red Sox fans. I realize this fan may find safety in Yankee fandom and the occurrence might be rare, but it happens quite a bit in Texas. Guess who I voted for.

Not much regarding Mets news today. Rubber game tonight with Trachsel V Gavin Floyd. Should be a fun game to watch. Sorry for the non baseball point but:

I hate reality TV and I hate Game shows. Jim Rome once said, “If you watch reality television you are not very smart and you are probably not a very good person.” I dislike Rome but love the quote. Rack me. I also loathe American Idol; not so much the show itself as I simply don’t watch it. I hate having to listen to people make conversation about it. Simon, Paula, blah, blah, blah. What is worse is having to listen to morning DJ’s give their opinion about the nights events. Before you point out that I do the same thing only I talk about the Mets. I say to that, “David Wright would beat the tar out of Clay Aiken.”

Never the less I got to thinking that American Idol, and other reality style wastes of shows get great ratings, meaning they generate ratings from their useless shows. So my friends, I came to the conclusion that:

A. The Networks have useless shows that make a large revenue

B. The Mets have their own network and the most useless guy ever in Jose “the plunger” Valentin.

How could the Mets use the two in order to:

C. Generate revenue to sign big name free agents in the off season.

Well the answer is SNY reality programming

Jose Valentin hosts:
Strike out or No Base Hit- The Premise is that contestants watch Jose step into the batters box moments before an at bat and guess “strike out or No Base Hit.” If you guess strike out you win Jose’s salary for that game. If you guess No Base Hit you can choose to double that amount on wagering if it will be a ground out or Pop out.

Jose Valentin hosts:
Who wants to Marry my Mustache; I don’t know the premise but I never got the premise of “Who Wants to Marry My Dad” either.

Of course some made for SNY TV movies such as:
Don’t Tell Willie Jose’s Bat is Dead
Throw Jose from the Train
Drugs are Bad; Jose Hit Something
(for the kids)

Maybe a buddy flick staring Chris Woodward (he never gets to play anyway) and Jose Valentin called “Mustached Utility Men Can’t Hit

Sorry for the silly post but it’s a slow Mets news day. See you tonight after the game for some actual Mets content.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!