Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

First Place, Baby!

Wow, fantastic. I had to listen on the radio today, but an exciting game none the less. I am stoked about the '06 season. I know I should slow down on the enthusiasm as my good friend Greg pointed out over at Faith and Fear. I know its only the Fish and Nats.

You never knocked me down, Ray.

The only unpleasantness so far was the blow save/ Julio implosion. That guy does seem like the second coming for Armando Benitez. Well, at least he is not a closer and we will need a guy for mop up time. Other than that we haven’t been really beaten by teams we should have beat.

I know every great analysis of David Wright has already been written but he is so clutch. If he is not a starting All-Star this season the Major League Baseball fans should be ashamed of themselves. I just found David Wright's Blog. Have a look and see what you think.

Beltran came up with another hit today. I hate to give credit when credit is not due but I am confident that he will deliver what he was signed to do a year ago. Cut him some slack and let him find his form, Mets fans. Beltran’s a gamer.

You have got to love how Tommy G has taken on the role of Ace thus far. I am reassured by Pedro’s first outing and maybe the toe is fine. In the mean time Glavine seems to be handling the role of big game pitcher. I may be old school but I love a pitchers duel.

Ahearn showed some adeptness with the wood today going 2-3 on the day and both potentially big hits. Why are we carrying Valentin? Seems bench players should be able to bunt a runner over. At any rate, I think Ahearn will be a contributor to this year's team.

The bullpen seems to be in better condition than I originally assessed. Sanchez appears to be shaping up into a solid set-up man. Wagner seemed solid if we are to believe his “I always start the season slow” disclaimer. I think he will be his old 98 mph self by May.

I don’t know about the scouting report on Delgado. Before the season I read everywhere that Delgado’s first base defensive capabilities rival Mike Piazza’s. Los will be just fine.

On a personal note, I am supposed to be at Shea for the series with the braves next week. I hear Delta may have a pilot strike the day of my flight. Great. If any pilot union officials read my site, delay the strike until I get back. I have great seats. If I am in attendance, I will witness, in my opinion, the real test of the 06 Mets.

Check the poll to you right, Chipper is man most hated by Lonestar Met Readers. The most intelligent readers in baseball.

I know we, as Mets fans expect the worst and hope for the best. Will all apologies to Faith and Fear and throwing historical history to the wind. Lonestar Met will bask in the glory of first place.

At least for this Sunday afternoon anyway.

Lets Go Mets

1 Comments:

  • Obviously my name, Silk Glove identifies my gender. Yes, I am a female and a hot blonde bomb shell at that. I love the New York Mets Baseball League, I love Mustangs, and now I have acquired a new fire hot passion for Dan in Texas. The picture of you on your page displays you are as hot and great as your writing. Daily I cannot wait to read what new article you have posted. I hurry home, put on some lone stare panties, my favorite Mets Blue silk corset and garter belt, and my favorite lucky pair of lace stalkings.
    Reading your article I can’t help but deeply feel that you are too good of a writer to live. The doctors of the institution advise me to not be caught up in online world fantasies, because of last time. Dan darling don’t worry I am past all of that; my new medication has given me a new life. This new life is a life of love, passion for baseball, great sports writers, and the “Lone Star Met.” Honey, we are made for each other because the most important thing is I hate Rodger Clemons and Derek Jeter is a c@cksucker. I think fatty needs a box of tissues because your hometown Rangers wouldn’t pick him up, heck they couldn’t afford to feed him. Jeter should become the new sponsor for Band Aid, he has a nice chin he could model it on, a chin that has NEVER been scratched or damaged. Dan I feel we will be together no matter what it takes, we will be together. I have figured out from your post which flight you will probably be on because of the strike. I will be waiting for you at the air port, you will know it is me because I will be the sexy blonde in a dress business suit because of work and you will see my lucky lace stalkings. Dan, please seek me out of the crowd. If I can’t have you NO one will.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!