Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Thursday, April 13, 2006

I'm Not Sure How To Feel...

I am not sure how to feel.

6-1?

Who could ask for anything more, right? Something feels wrong as I can’t even criticize Willie Randolph. I know as Mets fans we feel it’s our duty to criticize our manager’s breakfast selection:

Cheerios over Fruit Loops? Come on, Willie. You always go with Fruit Loops over Cheerios, unless there’s fruit. Geez, this guy doesn’t even belong at the breakfast table.

Great effort today. Pedro has made me ready to stop worrying about the toe. A three hit gem with a great bases loaded no out jam. David Wright is still great .444; a double and triple. Reyes looks to be becoming the premier leadoff man in the league we always knew he could be; hitting .333 and Beltran seems to have found his form.

So what’s my problem? When are things going to go wrong?

I’m sorry but the team looks solid thus far and Omar’s plan seems to be coming together. The Zambrano start may be ugly, but with Bannister showing promise it couldn’t be too bad.

I should just shut up and enjoy the great start, right?

I am a Mets fan; I can’t.
When will the good go bad?
This can’t last, I know it.

Almost as much as I knew Greg Jefferies was a cant miss hall of famer. As much as I knew that Generation K would be the next Seaver, Koosman and Ryan. I knew Bret Saberhagen would get us back to the playoffs. Kevin McReynolds would be better than Straw, who we didn’t need anyway. The Dodgers will never beat us in the playoffs. How good could Cone really be? I mean he sure as hell won’t throw a perfect game.

I know this team will tank eventually. They are not as good as they look.

It is in my blood. I am a Mets fan. Discounting the 99 and 00 years where we were always an outside shot anyway, the last 17 years have brought nothing but mistrust, disillusionment and disappointment. How can I not be skeptical?

With that disclaimer stated, things at least feel different then before, we may be the team to beat. I guess we will know if this thing is for real April 17th.

I’m not sure why but the feeling of impending doom seems to be at our doorstep.

I hope I am wrong as usual.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!