Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Well I wouldn't Say I've been Missing it Bob...

Looks like that 24 hour Hiatus stretched a few days longer than I anticipated. Sorry folks, but I have been busy with a non-related Mets event, whatever that is. If any loyal readers would never like to experience such a gap again, visit my sponsors. Until then I have to make a living somehow you cheap bastards. Anyway, I will try to get back on my 4:30 EST and Post game wrap up schedule.

Before I get started, Make sure you read of an account of what Yankee homers Mike and the Mad Dog would sound like in the booth for May 25th’s game with the Phillies in the event a no-hitter is thrown.

On that same tip, also read Mets Guy in Michigan as Dave again points out the Yankee bias that we all know exists as it relates to the Delmon Young imbolio:

Seems to me that Delmon is getting penalized for A) having better aim, and B) not being a Yankee.

It’s the typical Yankee double standard! Heck, I’m surprised Reliford, the umpire, didn’t get suspended! How dare he call Bernie out on strikes. If Bernie didn’t swing at it, it was a ball, darn it! Doesn’t he know about the 26 championships? Gehrig? Mantle? Yankee pride?

Seriously, are Dave and I the only ones bothered by the double standard? To all you Yankee fans out there as well as you Yankee apologists (you know who you are) this weekend should be a focal point of the sporting world, (for those that don’t find horse racing captivating) and should show who the best team is in the Big Apple. Have your excuses ready, Yankee Fans.

I can predict that if the Mets win the subway series, it will be nothing more than three box scores. If Jeter makes a routine play look near impossible, he is hailed as a hero for young and old to admire and the game will be elevated to mythical proportions. A record number of infants will be named Jeter.

And honestly, who wouldn’t want to be like a marginal middle infielder with a pretty boy mystique?

But first recent events. So what did I miss? Well, the series loss to the Brewers, Floyd goes 2-4 against the Cards, Pujols looking like a mortal human being, rain not causing a loss…

Enough said, as others have already said it better than I could have anyway. Don’t believe me? Pick a site on the right. Not yet, wait until you read the whole thing first.

Back to the present as there are still 2 games left with St. Louis.

Tonight’s game would seem to be in favor of the cards, with the southpaw Mark Mulder, 4-1 4.27 ERA on the mound for the birds. Since Lefties are hitting .182 off of him, Cliffy and Delgado figure to have relatively quiet nights. Is it me or do the Mets always have a somewhat “easy” time beating St. Louis as opposed to a team like say Atlanta?

1985 aside, the Mets better win tonight as tomorrow afternoon is Lima Time Again?
Thursday: Mets (RHP Jose Lima, 0-2, 9.31 ERA) at Cardinals (RHP Jason Marquis, 4-4, 5.33 ERA

Fortunately it looks to be Lima Time one last time as Bannister is going to make a rehab start.

I think the Mets have what it takes to compete against the Cards, though I would be lying if I said the front of the lineup with Eckstien, Pujols, Rolen, Encarnacion and Edmonds didn’t scare the hell out of me. I don’t think there is a tougher out in pressure situations than David Eckstien. The Mets have a great offense but any Met offense of recent years seemed to go through hot and cold streaks. I wouldn’t call the recent play cold but Delgado seems to be the only one that is a consistent hitter, thus far.

I must admit LoDuca is starting to win me over. Don’t get me wrong, I loved Iron Mike P. but LoDuca’s attitude and the way he carries himself is something that seemed to be lacking from Mikey. Again just an observation, no disrespect to Mike; just different than LoDuca.

In the mean time here is a useless story about how overrated Tony LaRussa is. Or it may be about left-handed platoons against Glavine, I can’t tell. It's probably both.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!