Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Friday, May 12, 2006

Schlemiel, schlimazel, hasenpfeffer incorporated!

Lonestar Met: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?

Willie Randolph: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

David Wright: Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Willie Randolph: Yes, David, it is. In fact, it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Lonestar Met: I was not aware of that.

So on to the land of beer and brats for a 3-game stand against the recently cooled off Brewers. Some say the Mets have cooled down but I maintain we would have won that game if not for Rain.

Since we are in the town of Laverne DeFazio and Shirley Feeney-Meaney this weekend, here is a related baseball fact. David L. Lander, better known as Andrew 'Squiggy' Squiggmann, holds the position of Associate Scout for the Seattle Mariners.

Back to the Mets, I like the move of Floyd to the two hole. I have been harping on Willie’s static lineup since spring training started. I am glad to see he can actually try new things. Maybe tonight he can try leaving Valentin on the bench ALL game.

Over at Metropolitans is a piece providing a good argument to Platoon Floyd and Chavez. Metropolitans points out that he is hitting .100 against Lefties, while Endy’s numbers are .276/.312/.384.

It all makes sense numbers wise and don’t get me wrong, I love Endy, but I have to believe Floyd will get out that god awful slump he’s in soon; it’s only a matter of time and luck. Besides, he is hitting .204 against righties and I get the feeling that when Cliffy finds the groove it will be a long season for National League pitching.

Remember “MVP, MVP, MVP?”

Metstradamus Weighs in on Rowand’s catch and injury last night:

"Can you imagine if Derek Jeter made a catch like that? (And just so we're clear, the first Yankee fan that tells me that Jeter's catch in '04 was better than this one is getting a bat to the head.)"

Indeed, I still have to hear about that stupid catch and subsequent jump into the stands. Then of course his chin band-aid for the Mets series. Drama queen.

If it only started raining sooner, it would not be Lima Time! tonight. Maybe the Bats can come up with the 10 runs to best Lima’s ERA. I really have to believe that if Lima stinks up the place tonight Omar makes a tough decision with the starting five. From various reports I have read, it would seem that Solay is the logical choice over Pelfrey with age and experience on the former’s side.

Well, well my dear readers, it seems you’re in my timezone now.

Take some extra BP tonight boys; it looks to be a barnburner.

And we’ll do it our way, yes our way.

Make all our dreams come true,

For me and you.

1 Comments:

  • Awesome Wayne's World riff! I love that scene -- but trimmed it in the video (Alice Cooper told them to kiss his ring after the "We're enot worthy" bowing.)

    Miller Park is actually a fun place to see a game -- in fact, I'm headed there next month. Sadly, the Mets won't be there.

    By Blogger Mets Guy in Michigan, at 8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!