Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Bloodletting

It is time to send Julio to Hell, or Norfolk, or the unemployment office. Unconditional release sounds about right. I know the organization wants to maintain Kris Benson was traded for a reason not named Anna, but can we pretend the trade was for Maine? I guess we were out of the game when Julio came in but can we make at least an effort? The guy doesn’t belong on a MLB roster, much less a contender. He does have a live arm but wouldn’t the team be better served having Heath Bell or Royce Ring with the club to pitch non-essential innings?

Random thought: If the guy from Husltle and Flow were to state, "John Maine is my main man I met in Maine." would he then say, "John Maine is my Maine Maine I met in Maine?"

Oliver has been surprisingly effective so far in not getting completely decimated. I experienced Oliver in his three stints as a Ranger first hand and witnessed his painful outings. He may be a positive addition to this year’s team, but I’m watching him. The .180 era may seem nice but I have seen all too well the Homeruns this guy can give up. Be ready for more Oliver educed homers in the future as I project this to me the first of many.

I know we can’t win all 162 and we have to lose sometime. I hope today’s game was just a natural event in the season and not a sign of Trachsel and the pen’s future performances. Win tomorrow and I will stop worrying until I find another thing to worry about.

Funny, that I am depressed about ending a 7 game win streak. Expectations are high and nothing short of the division seems acceptable this year. Lets start another 7 game streak Sunday.

This will be my last post for a few days as I am traveling to the Big Apple to see our beloved ballclub. For those of you who don’t know:

Delta and the union provided no details in disclosing the agreement yesterday. The union's top council still must decide whether to send it to Delta's 5,930 pilots for a vote, the Air Line Pilots Association said. The contract is subject to bankruptcy court approval.
The accord kept a strike from disrupting travel next week after the Easter holiday.
The agreement will allow Mets fans from Texas will be able to fly to LaGuardia for their first game in 21 years.

Thanks to Greg for the report

Trivia question: Who was the last National League Pitcher to win 30 or more games in a season?

Answer in comments and the winner receives a 52-inch Plasma TV- or a congratulations from Lonestar Met.

The first test of the season is Monday for the Amazins and Lonestar Met will be there to give you a first hand account of every run, hit, error, and illogical blunder by Randolph. I am bittersweet about Chipper not playing; I know what he is capable of in Shea but also have some choice pleasantries to hurl at the metro-sexual third baseman. I am sure 34% of my readers agree.

So, good readers, I am taking a much deserved leave of absence from my everyday comings and goings in Texas to explore Gotham City.

1 Comments:

  • First name to pop into my head is Dizzy Dean. Probably too early.

    This fellow Lone Star resident appreciates your blog. It's a dangerous state in which to admit being a Met fan.

    -Win in Waco

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!