Lonestar Mets Has Moved, Change your Bookmarks Now!

Friday, April 21, 2006

I think I'm Going Crazy...

I took my temperature and pulse. I seem to be ok physically but I know something is wrong with me. I went to see an MD and the good doctor said I wasn’t suffering from dementia or schizophrenia. I tried to have myself committed but they wouldn’t hold me. I seem to be fine physically and mentally according to today modern medicine. I have no degree in psychology or medicine but I know something was wrong with me. I know I am going crazy.

How do I know, you ask?

Because up is down, left is right. Ice is hot and fire is cold.

I know this because I can't find anything wrong with Willie Randolph's managerial performance.

I actually agree with Willie Randolph’s game management.

I actually agree with Willie's use of the bullpen.

Loyal readers to this site will agree that I have gone mad.

Seriously, the suicide squeeze Willie pulled last night was a ballsy yet brilliant move. I haven’t seen that in a while but Willie took a calculated risk and it paid off. That was something a smart, tactically savvy major league manager does, not Willie Randolph- but it was Willie. I think it was a good idea to put in Julio with a big lead like that to get some confidence. As a matter of fact, I think, as a whole, Willie has handled the bullpen superbly.

The only gripe I can muster is the 3-4 order in the lineup with out Beltran. Would it kill him to try Wright in the 3 hole? Of course, that is nit-picking, mostly insignificant and at most, a minor annoyance. So the very worst I can say Willie has done wrong- he slightly annoyed me.

I can live with that.

What is frustrating is player development.

Keppinger is still in triple A.

I love Ahearn and wish him a speedy recovery.

I love Woody.

I like Kaz and wish him luck, but last night’s inside-the- parker doesn’t have me convinced he will change his old ways.

Kepp needs to get some MLB experience in case Kaz gets his usual hamstring-back-whatever injury- we are going to need him.

I like Endy Chavez as a bench guy but not as an everyday centerfielder. I know many will say I need patience, but can we not spare a cup of coffee for Milledge while on the west coast? I am not saying he needs to be an everyday outfielder, but let the kid at least see what it’s like in the bigs- just a peek. For God's sake it won't even be in New York. It is still early and there is no presure of a pennant race. Has he not earned it? I cant watch Valentin and Chavez for how ever long Cliffy and Beltran are on the MASH unit.

I apologize for my absence this week, but I have been out of town on important Lonestar Mets business with some very good people in a very good city.

Those of you that read this, and I’m talking to all four of you, I have been planning my trip to the baseball Mecca to see the Amazins. I am preparing an outsider’s look in at what it is like to watch the Mets live from their own friendly, and on Tuesday night’s occasion unfriendly, confines. I have some cool pictures, observations and points of view that native inhabitants might find interesting- and some puzzling questions some in the know may solve for me. Check back tomorrow for the Braves – Mets piece.

In the mean time, I will enjoy tonight’s game against San Diego and marvel at this Willie Randolph Renaissance, wonder about the meaning of life or the sound of one hand clapping, or tree’s falling in a vacant forest.

Anything but try to figure out the reasoning for the first.

Or maybe I should get a second opinion.

1 Comments:

  • Hey, check out my story about the original Mets on my site... www.americanlegends.blogspot.com

    Take care,
    Mark

    By Blogger J. Mark English, at 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
Free Counter
Counters
Reading blogs at work? Click to escape to a suitable site!